Welcoming you to the UK.
We warmly welcome carers from overseas who are eligible to work in the UK. We regularly recruit from Spain, Poland, Portugal, Greece, Slovakia, Lithuania, Hungary, France, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand with some carers choosing to work in the UK and spend their time off in their home country.
We have representatives from The Good Care Group in many of these countries, so you can speak to someone local and find out all you need to know about working for us. They’ll be happy to help and answer any questions or concerns you have about working in the UK.
Is live in care really for you?
If you already have professional experience in a care home, hospital or home care environment, great! If you haven’t worked in care before, but have experience of caring for a family member or friend, working in the local community or simply have a passion for care - we have the training to support you in your new career. Whichever your background, we look forward to hearing from you. Note that it is important that you are fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
We require flexibility in terms of location placement which could be anywhere within England, Scotland or the Isle of Man. You will meet people from all walks of life, including academia, business, politics, the farming community and the world of the arts. This is a great opportunity to get the feel of the countryside or experience city life. You will also experience first hand the dramatic changes in temperature as we move through Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter! When you are not working, the UK is the perfect launchpad from which to explore the UK and Europe. Take a look at the Easyjet, Ryanair, Jet2 or Eurostar websites to see where it’s possible to travel from the UK.
- To see if you have what it takes to become a Professional Live-in Carer with us simply complete the online application form click here to complete the application form
- Your application will be in the safe hands of our recruitment team who will make contact with you to learn more about your skills and experience to ensure that you have what it takes to join our team. If for any reason you don’t meet the benchmark we are keen to stay in touch whilst you continue to develop your skills and experience. You won’t be expected to travel to the UK for interview. We’ll use Skype or Facetime so that you can virtually meet our team before making a decision.
- If we think you would make a great addition to our team we will make you an offer, which is subject to us receiving your references, and successfully clearing the police checks for England (DBS), Scotland (PVG) and also your countries of residence. The administration and cost of the DBS and PVG checks are deducted from your first months’ salary. We recommend that you provide us with the checks from your countries of residence, although we can administer these for you if required. Where we undertake checks on your countries of residence we will fund half of the cost which is deducted from your first months’ pay. We also request two written and two verbal references.
- You will then be invited to join our 5-day induction programme which will be held in London. Alternatively we run an induction course from Spain once a month.
- Whilst we aim to advise you of your placement details during the induction, we may need you to initially undertake a temporary placement when your training is complete. Equally sometimes it may be necessary for you to join your placement as soon as possible post induction. Rest assured our scheduling team will be in close contact with you at all times during the placement process.