High quality one-to-one respite care provided by expert carers.
Independence and dignity at home
We believe that everyone has the right to enjoy a high quality of life at home. Our carefully matched live-in care service meets daily medical, social, domestic and personal needs and helps improve health, wellbeing and lifestyle.
Living well at home
Quite often, family carers become tired and need a break to refresh and recharge batteries. Our short-term respite service, offered either as 24/7 live-in care (for a minimum of two weeks) allows you to take a break knowing that we are delivering expert care - invaluable peace of mind and reassurance.
Respite care provides companionship and friendship, at a time when people need it most. Whether it’s cooking meals and eating together, heading out to a club or activity or offering a much-needed sympathetic ear, our carers are there to get the most out of people’s existing lifestyles and, where possible, enhance them. They can help with:
- Personal care (hygiene)
- Cooking and meal planning
- Housekeeping - cleaning and laundry
- Household management/administration
- Mobility support
- Social activities and lifestyle support
- Shopping and trips outdoors
We’re here to help
We understand that sometimes you may need respite care for a family member at short notice. Please call us on 020 3728 7577 and we will do what we can to give you great quality care as soon as possible.
Flexible respite care at home
- Try live-in care on a short-term basis: Are you considering live-in care but are concerned about the practical and emotional considerations? For a minimum of two weeks our short-term respite service is the ideal way to experience live-in care to decide if it’s right for you
- Flexibility just when you need it: If you decide you need a series of short-term respites, we offer discount for repeat bookings
A carefully matched care team
Our professional care teams are chosen carefully to suit individual and medical needs. Similar personalities and interests help the carer and the client form closer relationships, provide more enjoyment and significantly contribute to a better lifestyle. Of course, we also make sure the live-in team is introduced before the care service starts.
If, in the rare event, the match doesn’t work out, we’ll happily work with you to find a care team that does.
Round-the-clock managed service
Our respite care service is a 24 hours live-in service for a minimum two weeks. We manage all aspects of the care including liaising with GP’s, household duties - so you don’t have to.
- Dedicated care team led by regional care manager
- Full assessment before care starts
- Bespoke and flexible care plan
- Specialist support and expertise - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
“We turned to The Good Care Group after being severely let down by a home care agency, and we have been glad that we did so. Not only were the care team trained and experienced to support dementia, they took time to understand its impact on both my mother and father and their relationship. My parents are now able to live a peaceful life at home, despite the dementia and physical issues of older age, with warm-hearted caring individuals who have now become very much part of our family.”