Supporting you 24/7
You will have a dedicated Care Manager who will work with you and access to our 24/7 central support teams where there is always someone on hand to help you with any problem, big or small. Our support teams are based at our offices shown below:
The Good Care Group
The Tower Building, York Rd, London SE1 7NQ
Tel: 0808 2789 337.
The Good Care Group Scotland
Newbridge Industrial Estate
10 Cliftonhall Road
We also offer the support of our Consultant Admiral Nurse for when you need emotional support.
Specialist Live In Care Training
Our in-depth induction programme will empower you with the right tools, skills and mindset to deliver the best care possible. After all, we are only ever as good as our people.
Our 5 day induction training supports carers to refresh and develop their knowledge but also to further assess behaviours and values which are critical to our organisation. We cover a wide range of subject matter which includes:
- How our values underpin our culture
- Communication skills
- The journey of both client and carer at the Good Care group
- The practical elements of working for us i.e. expenses, pay and holidays
- IT & E-Learning – understanding the systems we operate
- Wellbeing – exploring how we need to look after ourselves
- Neurological conditions
- Understanding Dementia Foundation level
- First Aid
- Safeguarding, Mental Capacity, Best interests and DOLS
- Medication Administration
- Urinalysis Training
- Caring for My Client – includes the ageing process, common health conditions, personal care, skin care, continence management, nutrition and hydration
- End of Life Care
- People Moving & Handling theory and practical
We use lots of different training techniques including hands-on applied learning, e-learning, reflective practice, workshops, practical learning and assessment to ensure training is interesting and interactive.
Your induction training will take place in London.