If you’re looking for a career with the UK’s best live-in care provider, there’s nowhere better. In this section you will find information about our Carer pay and benefits.
We have listened to what is important to our carers, so we do things a little differently to what you may have come across from other care companies.
- You will be employed by The Good Care Group. We pay directly into your UK bank account every month and manage all of your tax and national insurance contributions.
- We pay a salary based on your skills and experience, not on who you care for, so you will know exactly what you earn.
- We review your live-in carer wage after 6 months and annually after that. All our carer salaries are paid within our professional carer bandings, and you will know exactly what band you’re in and what progression could look like.
- We cover all UK travel costs to and from your placement, so it will not cost you anything to get to your client.
- As the only dedicated UK live-in care provider who has been awarded Outstanding in all 5 inspected categories by the CQC, as well as 'Excellent’ for care and support and 'Very Good’ for staffing by the Scotland Care Inspectorate our standards are very high. To maintain our high standards we invest in comprehensive training and support to ensure that you are fully equipped to provide the very best care to the people you look after.
We operate in England and Scotland and when it comes to a placement we’ll look to match you with an ongoing client based on your skills and experience and the client’s needs, likes and dislikes, rather than on location. We know that companionship works both ways and that the experience is best for both of you when we get this right. This does mean that you need to be flexible with traveling to your clients, but don’t worry, you can claim your UK travel expenses back and the maximum duration we’ll ever ask you to travel is 5 hours. Don’t forget that with live-in care you only need to travel at the beginning and end of your placement!
Our employment packages include:
- A competitive salary offered with merit-based pay progression from £90 - £115 per day. Your salary will be reviewed after 6 months and annually thereafter.
- Transparent pay bands, rewarding individual experience, skills, training and qualifications
- Paid annual leave based on working patterns
- Carer referral scheme – up to £500 per referral
- Client referral scheme – up to £500 per referral
- All UK travel expenses paid whilst in placement
- Family discount on TGCG services (5%) plus 50% reduction on initial fee
- Enhanced rates paid for Christmas day, Boxing day, New Year’s day, Good Friday and Easter Monday
- Enhanced payment in specific couple-care placements
- Flexible working patterns
- Access to an innovative wellbeing programme to support you in supporting our clients; introduction of wellness plans to support positive mental health at work
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee advice line
- Regular contact with the Care management team; support from Carer Services team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Support through client or (personal) bereavement from our in house Consultant Admiral Nurse
- Online Carer community portal
- Annual refresher programmes with the opportunity to engage with your colleagues
- Regular programme of informative and development webinars
- Assistance to carers from abroad in setting up bank details, national insurance number etc
"Working with TGCG makes me proud. You get to work with an organisation that wants to make a real difference to people’s lives. The training you receive is delivered with such passion, empathy and commitment, it really inspired me."
"I feel supported by the company 24/7, they have trained me and helped me evolve within the company – I’ve even gained a level 2 diploma in health and social care."
"The training really helps to prepare you for the role; I love the knowledge that I have gained through The Good Care Group."
The training you receive at The Good Care Group is second to none, whether you are already qualified or are starting out on your career in care.
All employees are required to attend our 5-day induction training in London. We are also offering an online training option during the pandemic. This will give you great insight into how we operate as a company and is an ideal opportunity for the care team to get to know you and make an informed match to one of our clients.
There will be plenty of opportunities to fulfill your potential with further qualifications as you move through your career with us.
We support training in Health and Social Care to Diploma Level as well as the opportunity for advanced training towards specialisation in a specific or complex condition. We strongly encourage all our employees to think about their career goals and take an active part in fulfilling them. Informative webinars will keep you up-to-date on insights and developments in the industry and our online learning platform enables you to document your learning and compile your own professional development record.
Keep us informed of your ambitions and we’ll do our best to help you achieve them. Be sure to let us know your future career goals. At The Good Care Group you can develop both your professional and clinical skills. This will enable you to progress further in your career for example social work, nursing etc.
What happens after training?
Upon passing your induction training and being cleared for work you will begin a 16-week probationary period. During this time you will be working towards your Care Certificate using our online course. You will have support as you need it from our Learning and Development team, as well as your dedicated Care Manager.
A rewarding career: From developing your skills as a professional live-in carer to gaining expertise in complex needs or becoming a manager, whatever your ambitions we will help you achieve your goals. You will have on-going supervision, coaching, mentoring and everything you need for a rewarding career in live-in care.
Webinars: Join our monthly webinar remotely from your digital device, and access instant learning on a range of topics with a variety of expert speakers. There is always something new to learn.
Workshops: Our workshops, which run throughout the year, will deepen your knowledge and understanding of Dementia, Parkinson’s disease, ‘end of life’ care and much more.
Diploma: You have the opportunity to study ‘Working in Care Services RCF level 2 Diploma’ while working with us, and we will cover the cost of the course.
"I joined TGCG in 2010 as a professional carer. The company I joined was a small company and I have had the privilege of seeing the changes that the company has gone through as we have grown, and ultimately achieved our CQC 'Outstanding'. Over the past 10 years I have held a number of roles, some of them transitional as we were trying to find what we needed as a business. Amongst these, I held the role of a Regional Care Coordinator, that later became the Care Manager role and I have supported in different functions such as Finance and IT. Now, as a Learning and Development Trainer, I can put all my acquired knowledge into equipping our Professional Carers with tools they will need to support our clients. I do not, at any one point, think I know it all, and I am not shy to say so, and learn from the wider team, from the Professional Carers to the MD. Through this all, I have developed professionally and personally and have been supported immensely and I am where I want to be."
Best in home care provision
We have built a fantastic reputation as a live-in care provider in the UK. Not only are we the most awarded dedicated live-in care provider we also think the following points are important:
- We’re rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories by the CQC in England
- We have achieved ‘Excellent’ for care and support and ‘Very Good’ for staffing by the Scotland Care Inspectorate
- We have our own in-house Admiral Nurse and Occupational Therapist
- All our professional Carers are employed by The Good Care Group
- We’ve been named number 4 on CMI/Glassdoor’s list of best companies in the UK for leadership and culture
The way we deliver care is as individual as the people we’re trusted to look after. And each of our employees is an individual too. We are part of Sodexo’s global homecare business, and supported by a team and technology that is second to none, allowing you to grow your skills in a culture that truly respects your ideas and individuality.
If a career with the best live-in care provider has piqued your interest, we’d love to hear from you. You can call our recruitment team on 0203 728 7570 but you can also join one of our regular online recruitment events. Please see our events section to find out when our next live event runs. This will allow you to ask questions and find out more about a career in live-in care from the comfort of your own home. The events are often co-hosted by one of our existing carers which gives you a chance to ask the questions directly and hear first hand what being a live-in carer with The Good Care Group is like.