Live-in care reviews
If you are seeking a live in carer for yourself or for a loved one as an alternative to obtaining residency in a nursing home, you may have found several prospective live in care providers in your area from which to choose.
Several factors may be taken into consideration in order to help you select the most suitable live-in care provider. These might include:
- Whether round-the-clock support is available via a 24-hour call centre
- Whether the care provider offers a fully-managed service
- Whether or not they are a member of the United Kingdom Homecare Association Ltd (UKHCA)
- The level of professional expertise available to deal with a wide range of conditions
- Whether or not they can offer the precise type and standards of care you require
- The level of participation you are allowed in the choice of a suitable live-in carer
- Whether or not a provider’s carers have been Criminal Records Bureau (DBS) checked, interviewed and have received full and appropriate training
- Whether the care provider offers indemnity to protect your health and safety, and
- Whether they are currently registered with the appropriate regulatory body, for example the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in England or the Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care.
Having applied these criteria to narrow your search of suitable live in care providers you may still be left with a shortlist of comparable providers. This is where live in care reviews can prove invaluable.
Whilst a great deal of information regarding a home care provider’s services and credentials can be gleaned from its website, honest, impartial and verifiable live in care reviews written by the person receiving care or by their immediate family give the best ‘real-world’ view of the standards of care provided.
Where to find live in care reviews
Although many live in care providers will be happy to provide testimonials and references from the people in their care, there are also several online resources which provide live in care reviews. These include
Additionally, of course, you may also have a friend or relative who is already receiving care at home and who can give you an honest and unbiased view of what it entails and how they are finding the experience with their own particular care provider.
The Good Care Group has won more nominations and awards for its managed live-in care services than any other UK home care provider and we are already receiving excellent reviews from the people we care for, such as this one which appears on the TrustedCare site:
“The Good Care Group has not only transformed my father’s life, but the relief I have felt since their carers started looking after him has been literally life changing. The carers are so well suited to my father and have taken time to get to know his every need, not just in terms of day to day care and support, but in improving his quality of life – he smiles all the time now. I could not have wished for more.
I cannot recommend The Good Care Group highly enough for their professionalism and dedication. The help they have provided my family through all our decisions we have had to make has been so reassuring at what has been a challenging time - they are always there when I need them and I know that father is getting the best care”.
You can find out more about our one-to-one home care services here. Alternatively, to speak to someone about your home care requirements please call 0808 2522 939.