Our 24-hour care at home is assistance provided throughout the day, evening and night so you are never left without the care you need. For people with complex or going medical needs, this ensures they have round-the-clock care and support to tend to their needs during nighttime hours.
At The Good Care Group, we’ve been supporting people to live safely and independently in their own homes for over 10 years. Our 24-hour care is highly-personalised to reflect not just an individual’s care needs, but their choices, wishes and social preferences as well. This enables our clients to maintain as much independence as possible while enjoying the lifestyle they are accustomed to.
How does 24-hour care at home work?
With our 24-hour care at home, you will be supported by two carers who exchange shifts. This means you will have access to one-to-one support from our professional carers at all times. Each carer will receive a much-needed break, whilst ensuring there is always someone there to look after your needs.
It’s important to note that this is different from standard live-in care. During a typical live-in care arrangement, the carer that lives with you is only available for ad-hoc needs throughout the night. This usually means they should not be expected to have to wake up more than 2 or 3 times per night.
With our 24-hour care at home, there will always be a carer on hand to provide our award-winning care and support, throughout both the day and night. This is particularly suitable for someone with ongoing or complex medical needs that requires round-the-clock support.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN OUR 24-HOUR CARE AT HOME?
Our highly-personalised, 24-hour home care includes:
- A bespoke and flexible care plan developed in collaboration with the client, their loved ones and other healthcare professionals
- Experienced, professional carers matched to your care needs, interests and preferences
- A dedicated care team led by an expert local care manager
- Discreet personal care and assistance with individual routines
- Household management
- Meal planning and preparation
- Care of pets
- Social activities and lifestyle enhancement
- Access to support and expertise from professional carers – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
24-HOUR HOME CARE PROVIDES INNUMERABLE BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- The maintenance of your independence and freedom to live life as you choose
- The comfort and security of living in familiar surroundings
- Avoidance of the potential stress of selling a family home
- The retention of your place in the local community among friends and neighbours
- The avoidance of separation from much-loved pets
- Continued enjoyment of your garden and gardening
- Relief from the burden of domestic chores such as cleaning, shopping and laundry
- The freedom to choose what you eat and when you eat, with meals prepared for you if you desire
- Provision of consistent care by a person who understands you and your individual needs
- Married couples and partners may continue to live together
- Total peace of mind, both for the care recipient and for their family
- A quality of one-to-one personal care and attention unrivalled by residential homes
- Complete continuity of care, even 24 hours a day
- Consistent companionship
- The facility for relatives and friends to visit you or your loved one at any time
- The elimination of stress, vulnerability, loneliness and insecurity for whoever is being cared for
- An immediate and appropriate response to medical or other emergencies such as falls or accidents in the home
- Increased general wellbeing
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN OUR 24-HOUR CARE AT HOME SUPPORT?
Our 24-hour care service ensures that people living with complex conditions can live a fulfilling life and maintain their lifestyle choices, despite any limitations from their medical condition.
The complex conditions we care for include, but are not limited to:
- Degenerative conditions – like Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Dementia care – early stage and advanced stage
- Cancer care
- Stroke care
- Palliative care and end-of-life care
- Post-operative health care
- Respiratory conditions – like COPD
- Congenital disease
- Mobility and frailty concerns
INDEPENDENCE AND FREEDOM
A general lack of public awareness regarding the viability of live-in care means that many people presume that moving into a residential care home is the best and most suitable option. Whilst many care homes provide support to residents 24 hours a day they can also be institutional, limiting your independence and the freedom to live your life as you choose.
Furthermore, the recent Live-in Home Care Information Survey revealed that 97% of people feel most comfortable in their own homes and that more than 71% of us wish to remain in our own homes and continue to live independently after we reach the age of seventy-five. One-to-one home care makes this desire entirely possible, even if you are living with a debilitating condition or limited mobility.
A popular misconception is that 24-hour care is prohibitively expensive when compared to the costs of living in a residential nursing home. In reality, the cost of providing each type of care is similar. Furthermore, in accordance with the UK government’s ‘Personalisation’ framework, anyone deemed eligible to receive care from their local authority or the NHS is granted an allowance that can be used to obtain whichever form of care – residential or live-in – you or your loved one prefers.
Costs aside, 24-hour home care offers a number of substantial benefits over residential nursing home care, both for the care recipient and for their family.
MAINTAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE
Many people, faced with the realisation that they can no longer fully look after themselves without additional care and support, assume that they will have to give up the home and lifestyle to which they have become accustomed. This is not the case.
Whilst every circumstance is different and residential care may be suitable for some it should be recognised that quality one-to-one 24-hour home care is a perfectly viable, affordable and preferred alternative for the majority of people who wish to stay in their own home, maintain their independence and enjoy the freedom to continue their current lifestyle.
HOW TO ARRANGE 24-HOUR CARE
To arrange 24-hour care at home with The Good Care Group, please contact our Client Services team. We are here to provide the impartial support and guidance you need to make an informed decision. If emergency 24-hour care is needed, we can often have a care arrangement in place within 48 hours.
Talk to us about your care needs
To talk about your care needs contact one of our friendly advisors. Calls from landlines are free.