Live-in home care in
‘OUTSTANDING’ LIVE-IN CARE IN
For over 10 years The Good Care Group has been providing with professional live-in care. Live-in care is when a professional carer comes and lives with you to provide you with around the clock care, companionship and support so you can live a better quality of life, in the comfort and familiarity of your own home.
We are the only live-in care provider in to have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by The Care Quality Commission in all five key measures. We know this provides families with peace of mind that their loved one is receiving the best possible care.
With live-in care there is no need to move into a care home, even for complex care. The Good Care Group’s professional carers can provide you with the care and support you need, from the comfort of your own home.
Staying in your own home also means staying connected with your local community. Call 020 3728 7577 to speak to our friendly Client Services team today, or alternatively book a call back that suits you.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LIVE IN CARE IN
Our care is focused on keeping people safely and happily in the comfort and familiarity of their own home, whilst improving their overall health and wellbeing. Care is provided on a one-to-one basis and is highly personalised reflecting not just an individual's care needs, but their choices, wishes and social preferences.
For those living with specialist conditions, our expert care teams are highly trained to provide care and support that positively enhances quality of life, enabling people to live well in their own homes.
Our nurse-led care in , for those living with complex medical conditions, is led and supported by a dedicated Specialist Consultant Nurse, who works closely with our care teams to ensure we are consistently improving our clients health outcomes.
Whether you have mobility and frailty issues, are recovering from an operation and need convalescent care, or you simply require companionship care at home, our comprehensive live-in care service ensures you can live a fulfilled and meaningful life. Our approach to delivering OT-led care at home enables faster discharge from hospital whilst ensuring they have a comprehensive plan of care with all the equipment they need to live well at home, whilst significantly reducing the risk of falling.
TYPES OF CARE:
- Short term care
- Specialist & complex care
- Over night care
- Personal care
- Emergency care
- Hospital discharge & end of life
There are many other compelling benefits to receiving live-in care in from The Good Care Group:
- A perfectly matched care team in , closely aligned with how you wish to live your life, sharing common interests, personalities and backgrounds.
- Unlike any other live-in home care provider in , we have invested in creating our own market-leading online community for our clients, their families and our professional carers to monitor health outcomes.
- For families who may live some distance away from their loved one in , they can access care plans, care records and a calendar of events as and when they wish.
- Our health measures are focused on:
- Promoting wellbeing, independence and enjoyment
- Reducing behaviours that challenge through implementation of psychosocial techniques
- Reducing and eliminating antipsychotic drug use
- Promoting excellence in nutrition and hydration
- Reducing and preventing falls in the home
- Reducing hospital admissions and re-admission
- Reducing UTIs and chest infections
RATED ‘OUTSTANDING’ BY THE CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC)
The Good Care Group is the only live-in care provider in to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ rating by CQC across all five categories. We know this provides families with peace of mind that their loved one is receiving the best possible care.
A FULLY MANAGED AND REGULATED LIVE-IN CARE SERVICE IN
Our fully managed and regulated live-in care service in offers families reassurance at a time they need it most. Unlike introduction agencies who are not regulated by CQC, all our live-in carers are directly employed and managed by us. We ensure they are supervised by an experienced manager and supported by clinical experts – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Unrivalled management support
Each dedicated Care Manager has a small portfolio of clients in the area, providing unrivalled levels of support to, not just our clients, but our care team enabling a service that is of the very highest quality.
Comparing live in care services
Why live-in care is a better alternative to care homes
The safest COVID-19 care
A joint study by the Office of National Statistics and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) state COVID-19 deaths in care homes reached 14,428 by 9th October 2020. The latest ONS statistics show 29.3% of deaths of care home residents in England between 2nd March and 12th June 2020 involved COVID-19.
In a recent survey by the Live-in Care Hub (2021), those organisations polled provided live-in care for 2,926 elderly people. During the first wave of the 2020 pandemic, only 10 elderly people tested positive for COVID-19 and only 10 live-in carers tested positive – and these cases are not directly related. Illustrating how live-in care can manage infection control more closely.
Benefits of live-in care vs a care home
- One-to-one care and support around the clock with live-in care.
- A highly personalised care plan designed to meet your care needs whilst addressing how you wish to live your life with none of the rigid timetables experienced in a care home.
- Specialist care of complex conditions provided by highly trained carers delivered in the comfort of your own home.
- Staying at home means you can keep control of your life, with all your treasured memories and possessions around you.
- Considerable and proven benefits to overall health and wellbeing, with much needed peace of mind and reassurance for family members.
- The cost of care is comparable to that of a care home and considerably cheaper for couples, who would be charged double in a care home.
- Couples can stay together as a loving couple, as opposed to being split up to be cared for in different areas of a care home.
- Continuing to be part of the local community you have loved.
THE SUPPORT OUR LIVE IN CARERS PROVIDE IN
At The Good Care Group, we have been enabling people in to live a fulfilled and purposeful life in the comfort of their own home for over 10 years. Our live-in companionship care service means you can live well with the right level of care and support in your own home. A dedicated companion can really spend time getting to know you and how you wish to live your life – then offer the one-to-one company, care and support you need. This approach simply cannot be achieved in even the very best care home where carers are sharing their time between several residents.
Our carers can help you enjoy the local outdoor amenities in and around including:
- Trips to the local National Trust sites such as Cissbury Ring.
- Local community organisations.
- Help you take part in the local sports clubs like the Worthing Tennis & Squash Club.
Our professional carers will also be able to assist you with appointments at the local hospital;
- Worthing Hospital
- Southlands Hospital
- Goring Hall Hospital
And local pharmacies including and not restricted to;
- Lime Tree Pharmacy
- Local Boots Stores
- Local Lloyds Pharmacies
What is personal care?
Personal care in the home is a very broad term used to describe a number of different areas of care and support a carer will provide, and includes:
- Bathing and showering
- Dressing and getting ready for bed
- Foot care
- Hair and beauty
- Oral hygiene
- Applying creams and lotions
- Bed positioning
- Clinical personal care
Additionally our carers can provide support in your home, including help with domestic tasks, monitoring and management of medications, compassionate companionship and meal planning and cooking.
The NHS is the primary provider of complex healthcare services in . Whilst much of this care is provided in hospital, services are also provided in other ways:
- In the person’s own home, where the NHS will either provide or fund a third-party partner or organisation to provide care services based on an assessment of needs.
- In a nursing home, where the individual is cared for in either a local authority funded home or a privately run nursing home.
- In a third-party partner’s facility where care is paid for by the NHS.
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN OUR COMPLEX CARE AT HOME SUPPORT?
Our live-in care service for those requiring complex care is provided on a one-to-one basis resulting in a high quality, compassionate service that ensures an individual is able to live a fulfilling life and maintain their lifestyle choices, despite the limitations of their medical condition.
The complex conditions we care for includes, but is not limited to:
- Degenerative conditions – like dementia, Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Cancer care
- Stroke care
- Palliative care (end-of-life care)
- Post-operative health care
- Respiratory conditions – like COPD
- Congenital disease
- General frailty
Why choose The Good Care Group for care in
Outstanding local carers
- Rigorous recruitment process - only 2% of carers who apply are successful
- Employed carers - staff are paid well, supported and rewarded for loyalty and performance
- Unrivalled training programme - far exceeding statutory requirements
- On-going training and professional development - reflects best practice so carers have the knowledge and skills to give high quality care
- No agency staff
Unrivalled specialist expertise
- Unrivalled expertise in medical conditions
- Holistic approach - person-centred and encompassing medical, emotional and social needs
- Responsive care - consistent monitoring and management of conditions to meet changing needs
- Best practice - drawing on expertise from leading health and social care professionals
Carer continuity through dedicated teams
- Carer support - experienced care managers work with our carers so they work to the best of their abilities
- In-depth knowledge - dedicated carers and experienced managers work closely to understand highly personal conditions and care needs
- Effective rotas - we consider our carers wellbeing so they stay with us for longer and provide better quality care
Fully managed services and 24/7 support
- Fully managed service
- Domestic responsibility taken care of
- Close contact and support from your Regional Care Teams
- 24/7 access to advice and experts
- Free educational events and support programmes
Award winning & assured quality
- Award-winning care - We’re proud to have received more prestigious awards from our industry than any other homecare provider
- Employed carers - using agency staff or those who are self-employed means care quality is not controlled
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) - we are held legally accountable for our service and have achieved the highest outcomes in our CQC inspections
- Continual control and monitoring - we are able to evaluate any concerns on an on-going basis to ensure the most appropriate level of care is provided at any time
- Unique Advisory Board - made up of leading health and social care professionals who advise us on delivering best practice, quality home care
Live in care costs & paying for care
24-hour live-in care costs are typically in line with a care home and sometimes less. The cost of a care home can vary significantly depending on the standards of care. If nursing care, specialist care of conditions or for those requiring stroke, cancer or palliative care, then the weekly fee can be considerably higher. When considering a care home, it is important to ask them what is included in the weekly fee as there are generally optional extras which can add up over the course of a year.
The weekly cost of receiving quality, award-winning care in a care home can range from £1,600 to £2,000 per week, depending on the level of care provided and the room you choose.
The cost of live in care for couples
Live-in care for couples is fast becoming the preferred choice when one or both of you require long term care instead of moving into a care home. If you both have different needs you could find yourselves being split up within the home, which many will find very distressing. With live-in care there is one inclusive weekly fee for providing care at the same address, with a nominal charge to provide couples care. In a care home costs can be double for two separate packages of care and accommodation, making the choice to move into a care home not as cost effective for couples.
If you require further advice about funding care please contact SOLLA, who will be able to assist you.
Local care management & teams in
Our approach to live in care in ensures you have a dedicated Regional Care Manager who is accountable for the service we provide, with a dedicated Care Manager who will be available to you and your family, on a day to day basis to ensure the live-in care we provide is to the very highest standards.
Regional Operations Manager,
After volunteering in a care home, I quickly realised how much I enjoyed caring and supporting elderly people. Through a variety of care roles and settings I have experienced over the last 10 years, I have developed my knowledge and leadership skills to equip me for the role of Regional Operations Manager at The Good Care Group. I feel live-in care provides an excellent choice of care, by providing clients with the ability to maintain their independence and dignity while living within the comfort of their own home. In my spare time I enjoy exploring the outdoors and spending time with my family.
As your Regional Operations Manager in , I am accountable for the service delivered to my clients and the support we provide to families. I have a team of dedicated Care Managers in who work with you day to day to ensure that in partnership with you we create and deliver a high quality, holistic care plan which enables you to maintain choice and independence through personalised care and support. Your dedicated Care Manager will work with you, family members, health care professionals and the professional carers assigned to you to enable you to stay safely and happily in your own home and community. Through regular contact with you, both face-to face and via telephone contact, they will ensure the plan of care meets your evolving needs.
I have worked in care for the last 10 years in both the UK and Australia. I have a bachelor’s degree in health science (Health Service Management and Therapeutic Recreation) from the University of Western Sydney. I commenced my journey in care as a volunteer in a care home, later becoming a Professional Carer. I accepted a clinical training and assessing role before moving into an operational management position in a care home. I am also a qualiﬁed Diversional Therapist which affirms my belief that holistic care is integral to care for the person, rather than just supporting a clients’ physical needs.
How to contact me
I am here to support you and your family every step of the way – please do not hesitate to contact me anytime:
Telephone: 020 3728 7577
How to arrange live-in care
The easiest, most convenient and safest option for hiring a live-in carer is to choose one that is fully employed by a reputable care provision agency and is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The Good Care Group provides a managed service and is the only live-in care provider serving to be rated ‘Outstanding’ in all five key areas. As a managed service, The Good Care Group assumes all responsibility for the vetting, training and management of your carer and for the legal obligations relating to their employment.
At The Good Care Group you have full participation in the selection process but with the added peace of mind that your carer has been carefully selected, checked and trained.
At the initial phone call, our friendly Client Services team will discuss your care needs and your wishes to establish an understanding of the care required.
We would then arrange an assessment with you at home, to formulate the care plan. Your dedicated Care Manager will work with yourself, your family and other healthcare professionals, to ensure your care plan is highly personalised to your individual needs and preferences.
If care is needed in an emergency we can arrange care to commence in as little as 48 hours, and can also assist with hospital discharge and recovery at home after an operation.
Winning 21 major awards in the last 6 years, The Good Care Group is one of ’s leading providers of live-in care. You can find out more about our one-on-one home care services in here. Alternatively, to speak to someone about your home care requirements please call 03330 605 255.
Live in care jobs in
We are currently recruiting for professional carers in the area. We are looking for either a minimum of 6 months’ professional care experience, such as live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker or personal healthcare assistant or similar OR you may have recent experience of providing personal care for an adult friend or family member including washing, bathing and toileting.
Please note, we only have a limited number of opportunities in for people with no professional care experience, but we’d love to talk to you if you’re interested in finding out how to get into live-in care and you’re very welcome to call our recruitment team on 020 3728 7570 to find out more.
What our clients say about live in care by The Good Care Group
LIVE-IN HOME CARE IN West Sussex
Other areas we cover
Talk to us about your live-in care needs
We are experts in providing a fully managed, high-quality live-in care service in Location. Call our friendly and approachable team today to see how we can help you and your family.