Live-in care helps people live well at home for longer by providing specialist care in the comfort of the home. Our fully managed service provides you with the assistance you require to safely maintain your independence, avoiding the trauma of upheaval for those in need of full time support.
Independence, dignity and choice
For many, moving in the later years of life to unfamiliar surroundings can cause significant trauma.
However good residential or nursing care is, the institutional nature of it means losing one's independence is almost always inevitable , this can have grave effects on your mental and physical health.
By choosing 24 hour care at home, you can:
- Stay in control over life for longer
- Benefit from having your routines, privacy and preferences respected and listened to
- Maintain relationships and family life - seeing friends and family in a relaxed and familiar environment for everyone,
- Keep up with hobbies, interests and clubs in your local community
- Use home surroundings to stimulate care - such as the ground-breaking SPECAL method for dementia
Familiar and safe surroundings
We passionately believe that most people want to stay in their homes for as long as possible. Home is where your belongings, treasures, pets and memories are. Where the family is used to coming to visit and where your community can support you. This is especially important for people living with dementia, as familiarity is hugely important to overall health and well-being.
Live in care makes it possible to continue enjoying these comforts, whilst receiving the support you require.
By choosing live-in care with The Good Care Group , you are choosing to continue living with choice and control, surrounded by your families and communities.
Live in care is a very economical option for individuals with long term care requirements. For the similar price as a one bed within a care home you can receive a bespoke service, which not only caters to your healthcare needs but also your mental, social and emotional needs.
For couples seeking care, live in care is significantly cheaper than two rooms in a care home. With the assistance of The Good Care Group couples can continue living as partners, without disrupting their usual routines. Giving you the opportunity to freely enjoy meals, outings and social activities together, whilst receiving care tailored to each individuals unique needs.
The level of trust and friendship which is developed between a live in carer and a service user is unlikely to be obtained through other care provisions. At The Good Care Group our carers provide a patient, personal and intimate service with aim of making you as comfortable as possible.
We understand that when you need to find a carer it can be an extremely stressful time, we are here to help you understand what 24 hour care at home involves, providing you with advice and resources to help you make an informed decision.
If you'd like to find out more about care options, you can have a confidential talk to one of our friendly team at any time on 0203 728 7577 or fill in the form here.
Consistent one-to-one care at home
Our award-winning live in care service provides:
- A team of two professional carers - highly trained, experienced and no agency staff
- Carers that are employed by us - we invest in their training, give proper levels of pay and reward loyalty so they are highly motivated and the best they can be
- Effective and shorter rota work patterns so our carers give you high quality and consistent care
- Highly trained carers in the latest techniques including the ground-breaking SPECAL method for dementia which makes a real difference to lives
Round-the-clock managed service
Our live-in care service will give you and your family peace of mind. As well as providing companionship and specialist care, our service includes:
- Taking responsibility for household and domestic tasks - including looking after pets
- Liaising with all medical professionals involved
- Dedicated carers, supported by regional managers
- 24/7 support and advice whenever you and your family need it
- Specialist dementia nurse
We are regulated and inspected by the Care Quality Commission, as well as trusted and endorsed by leading charities and medical professionals.
- My father has dementia and was in a care home, very unhappy - I watched him decline with sadness. The transition to home care with The Good Care Group has been seamless. He is now visibly happier and relaxed and it is so much nicer for the family to visit him at home once again.
Mrs S Anderson