Care Managers play a critical role ensuring that both our clients and carers feel well supported every single day. As a Care Manager, you are responsible for the professional delivery of care plans to a number of clients within a specified geographical area. They will also ensure that locally we build strong partnerships with key care professionals. To be successful you need to be closely aligned to our vision to be the leading provider of the highest quality care in the home that enables older people to enjoy staying safely and happily in their own homes and own community for as long as possible, whilst enhancing their wellbeing and lifestyle. Instinctively you will feel a personal alignment to our company values and you will possess a wealth of experience within the Care sector
As well as exploring your care skills, qualifications and work experience, our selection process allows us to get to know you well so that you have a rewarding career with us.
Taking care of you too
We have five a team of five Regional Managers who support the Care Managers for a specific region. This allows you to lean on someone for support when you require it. There is also our scheduling team and the Regional Support Teams who are there to offer help and advice whenever you need it. You are never alone with The Good Care Group.
You also have 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance helpline for any professional or personal problems you would like to speak to a counsellor about.
Your health, wellbeing and happiness are important to us. We have been rated Outstanding by CQC in England for the management and support we give our professional live-in carers and Excellent for quality of care and support by the Scotland Care Inspectorate.
What makes a great Care Manager?
As a Care Manager, you are there to support your Professional Carers in the successful delivery of care to all of your clients. This is such a varied role and we have found that what makes a great Care Manager is someone who is highly organised, can deal with pressure, can change plans quickly, can juggle many balls and who has an absolutely passion for quality care. This is a fast paced role and those who succeed build up wonderful relationships with their carers and clients and find the role incredibly rewarding.
- To support the Regional Manager in the delivery of client care ensuring all key milestones for both clients and carers are delivered on time
- To undertake client assessments, in the absence of the R.M.
- Accountable for client set up from point of sale through to the client start date, including but not limited to all associated paperwork and systems data.
- To ensure compliance to all regulatory requirements through robust management of cases with CRM tool therefore achieving solid inspection results.
- The set up and maintenance of care-related documentation, ensuring all required processes are completed on time and on the required systems.
- To ensure robust communication with all key professionals associated with the care delivery within placements
- To ensure robust completion of incident reporting within 48 hours.
- To ensure all client and carer contact is captured as required on the CRM highlighting those clients that require a high level of support and care to the RM
- To support the Partnerships Manager, ensuring that identified deliverables associated with Partnerships are achieved as required
- To support the Care Manager – specialist in respite and palliative care to undertake assessments when the business need arises
- To support and participate in the on call function which will require some weekend working
Key Attributes/ knowledge/ skills/ experience
- Proven track record working in the care sector
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Planning and organisational skills
- NVQ4 or above.
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Relations skills
- Education to degree or equivalent level
- Care experience