Live In Palliative End-Of-Life Care
For people who have been diagnosed with terminal conditions, and who are preparing for or approaching the end of life, having a support network and plans in place is essential. For many people the desire is to remain in the comfort and familiarity of their own home to the end of life, and tailored one to live in care enables this.
Supporting end-of-life at home
Even when medical treatments are no longer appropriate, care does not stop. Care is now focused on making the person as comfortable and pain free as possible, supporting them to continue to enjoy life, spend time with loved ones, to realise their wishes, make plans and get affairs in order. Our professional live in carers are here to help not only with the practical aspects of daily life, but also with emotional support tailored to the unique needs and preferences of the individual.
Our service is offered as either a live in package, day care or as a respite service. Each client will have a personalised, comprehensive plan of care tailored to an individual’s specific needs, including:
- Personal care and support that reflect the individual’s physical health
- Administering of medications and effective medication management by a qualified professional carer
- Companionship needs, dependent on the individual’s social life and personal interests
- Domestic assistance, including meal preparation to meet preferences and nutritional needs
- Household duties according to their home and lifestyle needs
- Fully managed service, with designated Care Delivery Manager
- 24/7 on-call carer and client support
- Family support groups and educational events