Live In Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Care
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a condition which damages the central nervous system, affecting more than 100,000 people in the UK. MS is complex, and symptoms can vary, but may commonly include visual problems, issues with balance and dizziness, fatigue, bladder problems, stiffness and spasms. MS can also affect memory and thinking, and may have an impact on emotions.
Supporting Multiple Sclerosis at Home
A diagnosis of MS can be life changing, but doesn’t have to mean a loss of independence. Living well with MS involves learning to control the things you can, and working to accept and better deal with the things you can’t change. Live in care offers a solution which enables you to stay in the comfort and familiarity of your own home, living life your way, with tailored support where needed. A professional live in carer can not only offer practical help with day-to-day activities but can also support you to set goals, take control, cope with arising challenges and maintain your self esteem.
Our service is offered as either a live in package, day care or as a respite service. Each client will have a personalised, comprehensive plan of care tailored to an individual’s specific needs, including:
- Personal care and support that reflect the individual’s physical health
- Administering of medications and effective medication management by a qualified professional carer
- Companionship needs, dependent on the individual’s social life and personal interests
- Domestic assistance, including meal preparation to meet preferences and nutritional needs
- Household duties according to their home and lifestyle needs
- Fully managed service, with designated Care Delivery Manager
- 24/7 on-call carer and client support
- Family support groups and educational days