Live In Motor Neurone Care
Motor Neurone Disease (MND) is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that attacks the upper and lower motor neurones. Degeneration of the motor neurones leads to weakness and wasting of muscles, causing increasing loss of mobility in the limbs, and difficulties with speech, swallowing and breathing.
Supporting Motor Neurone Disease at home
How individuals react to the final diagnosis varies greatly from person to person. For some, knowing there is a clear cause of their symptoms comes as a total relief; for others, it can come like a thunderbolt completely out of the blue. Whatever reaction you have is completely normal and there is a whole range of advice, support and information available. Whatever your circumstances are, you need not feel alone, we are here to help you live well, plan for the future and continue to make the most of the present.
Our service is offered as either a live in package, day care or as a respite service. Each client will have a personalised, comprehensive plan of care tailored to an individual’s specific needs, including:
- Personal care and support that reflect the individual’s physical health
- Administering of medications and effective medication management by a qualified professional carer
- Companionship needs, dependent on the individual’s social life and personal interests
- Domestic assistance, including meal preparation to meet preferences and nutritional needs
- Household duties according to their home and lifestyle needs
- Fully managed service, with designated Care Delivery Manager
- 24/7 on-call carer and client support
- Family support groups and educational events