Live In Parkinson’s Care
Parkinson’s is a progressive neurological condition which affects motor function. People with Parkinson’s can find that their movement is slower and their muscles become more rigid. In addition, many people experience non motor symptoms such as tiredness, pain and depression. At The Good Care Group we are committed to supporting those living with complex conditions to live well in their own home, with dignity and independence for as long as possible.
Our new innovative Parkinson’s home care service has a number of unique benefits that can help improve quality of life for those living with this condition. This market leading programme aims to improve movement control and physical wellbeing, whilst promoting emotional wellbeing and self-esteem for individuals managing varied and complex symptoms.
Our unique programme of care provides:
- Comprehensive assessment conducted by our leading care specialist, utilising specific Parkinson’s assessment tools
- An experienced professional carer, trained by the charity Parkinson’s UK
- Fully managed service and clinical supervision, provided by skilled Care Delivery Managers
- Highly personalised, goal driven comprehensive Plan of Care
- Carers qualified to administer medications and trained to optimise management of, what can sometimes be a complex medications regime
- Unrivalled support for both the client and family, including access to educational resources and events, as well as support networks
- Professional carers trained to support individuals with memory impairment
- Liaison with other health and care professionals enabling a fully integrated care pathway, including accompaniment to appointments to ensure a consistent and familiar approach to care that reduces anxiety and frustrations.