Live In Dementia Care
The term ‘dementia’ describes a set of symptoms that include loss of memory, mood changes, and problems with communication and reasoning. There are many types of dementia. The most common are Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia. Dementia is progressive, which means the symptoms will gradually get worse.
At The Good Care Group we understand that a diagnosis of dementia is a life changing event, both for the person with the condition, and those that love them. However, with the right care and support, people can and do live well with dementia.
Our market leading dementia package is tailored to the unique requirements of people living with dementia and associated memory impairment. We are dedicated to providing a highly personalised service which fully reflects the client’s physical, mental and lifestyle needs. Our award-winning programme utilises a careful blend of skills and techniques which have been developed by leading experts in the field of dementia care. We use the SPECAL methodology, developed by the Contented Dementia Trust, to promote well-being every day for life. We recognise that people with dementia continue to experience emotion even in the face of memory loss, and aim to support our clients to live contented and relaxed lives, free from anxiety, fear and frustration.
Our unique programme of care provides:
- Unparalleled assessment conducted by our leading dementia specialist, including completion of a dementia specific care plan using proven best practice techniques
- A Professional Carer with verified dementia experience and highly trained in all aspects of dementia care
- Placement management and clinical supervision provided by skilled Care Delivery Managers, specialising in dementia care
- Highly individualised, goal driven Plan of Care, which seeks to make practical links between intact past memories & activities of daily life in the present, in order to provide 24hr sustainable wellbeing
- Unrivalled support for all the family, including access to our leading dementia experts and established ‘Understanding Dementia’ quarterly events
- Quality care delivery supported through access to internal expertise and the provision of our ‘Dementia Care Tool Kit’.
- Specialist packages of care tailored to the unique needs of younger people who are living with dementia.